This holiday season, instead of flocking to the mall and buying the ‘same old, same old’ gifts everyone will buy, why not gift your loved ones and yourself (cause you have to treat yourself) presents a bit more off the beaten rack. ‘Tis the season for Toronto’s pop-up shops and Christmas markets.
Here are ClutchPR’s top five pop-up shops and holiday markets we’re looking forward to this year:
- Mingle + Shop TMR Holiday pop-up shop: TMR Collection offers chic, refined and versatile looks that transition easily from day to night. Support an emerging Canadian fashion designer and get yourself head-turning attire while you’re at it. (Through December 21, 2186 Queen Street East)
- Toronto Christmas Market: This European-style market located in the Distillery district features the best things Toronto has to offer this Christmas season – Oktoberfest sausages, romance, holiday lights, a giant tree and singing elves. Go for the handcrafted artisan goods and maybe an evening photo-op. (Through December 21, Distillery District)
- Union Station Holiday Market: Located at downtown Toronto’s transit hub, this market gives visitors the opportunity to purchase handcrafted gifts from emerging artists, such as jewelry, artwork and even macaroons. (Through December 21, Union Station)
- BRIKA Yorkdale pop-up shop: So maybe you do decide to go to the mall. Go to Yorkdale mall to visit the BRIKA pop-up shop for their one-of-a-kind gifts like earrings, confetti push-pops and many smile-inducing works of art. While you’re there grab a hot chocolate and try being an artist and paint (or splash) the walls. (Till the end of January, Yorkdale Mall)
- POPUP 1090 : Cardinal Handmade and Thank You Have A Nice Day bring you this special pop-up shop. They sell small town local treasures that scream ‘not Toronto’, like wool blankets, maple syrup and woven hammocks. (Through December 23, 1090 College Street)
Did we miss a great festival? Let us know on Twitter.