We’ve got professional manicure hacks for you today, Mani Monday-ers.
Don’t get us wrong, we love going to get a luxurious manicure as much as the next nail art fanatic, but the reality is that’s costly. Plus we’re all about the DIY life.
Here we go, #manimonday pro nail hacks:
1. Apply polish in this pattern execute a great manicure. It’s especially important when using dark nail polishes.
2.Trim whatever skin is already dry and on its way out. Do not hack your cuticles to death. You’ll look bloody and diseased instead of polished and tidy. Contrary to popular belief, excessive cuticle trimming is really bad for nail growth.
3. Erase mistakes and smudges by dipping the pad of your finger into acetone and running it gently along the smudged area. It’ll disappear.
4. Seche Vite – these two word will change your #manimondays forever. This topcoat protects your polish from chips for a long ass time and it sets like glass. It’s the best topcoat we’ve ever used. Run topcoat along the top edge of your nail to seal everything in extra well.
5. This is a big one. Let them air dry for a couple minutes then dunk your finger tips into ice water for 3 minutes to dry your nails.
6. Once you’re all done, spray nails with cooking sprays like Pam to prevent smudges and set your mani. It’s just as good as that magic spray they hit you with as you walk out the door at the nail bar.