Alright lovelies, there’s a lot to do in Toronto this weekend. It’s feeling like Fall out and these activities are perfect for those who want to enjoy the chilly weather and those who don’t. Weekend fun, here we go:
1. The Royal Winter Fair (Nov 7-16), obviously. Get your country chic on. Go pet a piglet, pretend you can’t smell the horse poop and eat something yummy. It’s a Toronto tradition, damn it.
2. Gluten Free Garage (Nov 9, Artscape Wychwood Barns). This is gluten free, celiac, health fad heaven. All the best gluten free vendors in Toronto, such as Bunner’s, are coming together. Get your gluten freak on.
3. Get artsy fartsy with Introducing Suzy Lake at the AGO (Nov 5 – March 22). Suzy Lake’s work examines ideals of the body, gender and identity. Through photographs, videos and performances she brings attention to social norms and constraints. There’s an artist meet & greet Nov 12. We’re calling this one a can’t miss.
4. Go see a movie. The Reel Asian International Film Festival (Nov 6-16), Toronto Silent Film Festival (Nov 1-16) and Planet in Focus Environmental Film Festival (Nov 6-9) are all on. There’s also a slew of great movies out, like Interstellar and Kung Fu Elliot, which screened at Hot Docs earlier this year. Hi-ya!
5. Party hardy with A Tribe Called Red (Nov 7, Danforth Music Hall) Have you seen these guys? The Juno winners from Ottawa mix First Nations pow wow music with club beats. Just try not to lose control and dance like a fool.