Fatties, today we’re talking about a comfort food you’ve been eating since childhood. If you’re anything like us, peanut butter and jam is still a staple. Be honest. Don’t be embarrassed. It’s delicious.
Salty and sweet, here are some of our favourite variations on the age old classic:
1. Glory Hole Doughnuts: their PB&J donut is simple, with a peanut butter cream cheese frosting, drizzle of grape jelly, salted peanut bits and a dash of cinnamon. Mmmm.
2. Fresh fruit: add fresh fruit like pomegranate seeds to your peanut butter, instead of jarred jam. Oh man. It’s fresh, salty, sweet and the textureis awesome.
3. Be indulgent: add butter to your toast before putting on your favourite peanut butter and jam. Or add crispy bacon strips. Though you shouldn’t do it on the regular, luxurious additions like this make the sandwich a fatty, fun time.
4. Alternative breads: are you ready? Substitute bread for fluffy pancakes, French crepes or cinnamon infused, crisp French toast. You’ll be full, you’ll be happy.
5. Elvis it: make like The King and add bananas.
How do you spice up your PB&J? Tweet us @ClutchPR